Monday, January 14, 2013

Zaklon Interview


1. Can you tell us a little bit about the project for those that have never heard of you before?
ZAKLON was born on 1999 as an epitome of my world view projected on my musical notions and preferences. Up to date, four demo records and three albums have been released. I, Temnarod, have been and remain being the only author of ZAKLON.

2. How would you describe your musical sound?

It is truly challenging to put a certain label on your own creation. Let those interested in it be the ones to do so. I am not one of them. Hymns of the doomed forests under the dying sun… Wailing of the ruthless cold… Kryvian Cold Black Metal… If these epithets ring a bell, then be it so.

3. What are some of the lyrical topics and subjects the band explores with the music?
Destruction… Devastation… Sorrow and Wrath… Scorn… My feelings and emotions… ZAKLON creations are not meant for people, they are dedicated to the nature of Kryvia, to the way I feel its pulsations. In Autumn  I die with her and fall from trees as yellow leaves. The poison of the Fall flows through my veins and compels me to create. In Winter I wail with the fierce winds and write poems in Her name. Contempt for the two-legged beasts and their puny faith in a jew on a cross… Death, Cold and Darkness… The Lyrics are extremely important to me; they hold an enormous semantic load. Together with the musical component, it is the essence of ZAKLON.

4. What is the meaning and inspiration behind the bands name?

A Curse… Sundown… Doom…

5. Currently the band is solo, or you planning on adding more members in the future or do you choose to remain solo?
ZAKLON has always been a project of a sole creator… It will remain as such. I plan to bring in session musicians for the recordings. But nothing more.

6. The new album came out on Gardarika Musikk, how did you get in contact with this label and how would you describe the support that they have given you so far?
Some of my friends suggested that I look into this label a while ago… In 2010 I contacted them and offered to release this album. They agreed, but some kind of problem occurred and the release was cancelled. Almost two years after that Gardarika Musikk contacted me and the negotiations regarding the release of this record continued. Sometime after that I held the final released record in my hands. It was a pleasure to work with the label; the outcome was of high quality and in a timely manner.  As for support, normally the label sends me a certain amount of copies of the record and this is where our cooperation ends. Gardarika Musikk arranged a promotional campaign; they also found a remarkable artist to do album art. I am impressed by their support.

7. On a worldwide level how has the feedback been to your music by fans of black metal?
I don’t know… Browsing through reviews in the American and European media I came across only the praising reviews and evaluations. This tells me that such oeuvre has a significant number of fans outside of my homeland… The only problem is, they are unlikely to understand what my songs are about. Mwahaha…

8. What is going on with the other musical projects these days?
I am a Black Metal vocalist and songwriter of DESOLATE HEAVEN formation, which also includes three other people. Right now we are preparing to record a new album.
DEFUNCTUS ASTRUM is my Space Black Metal project which will also be in development soon…
POGOST… At the moment I don’t have the inspiration to continue working on this project.
HRESWELGR might soon rise from inexistence…
However I don’t think the names of these projects will mean a lot to most people…

9. What direction do you see your music heading into on future releases?
To me, my oeuvre is great for me personally simply because I have no knowing of the Ways and vastness that await… There are, of course, certain ideas, thoughts, feelings, but it’s rather difficult to put all that in words at the moment. And, to be honest, I have no desire to do so. All in good time…

10. What are some bands or musical styles that have influenced your music and also what are you listening to nowadays?
I used to listen to old recordings of Darkthrone, Burzum, Carpathian Forest early on.
Now I listen to different genres of music, but it doesn’t have much of an impact on my oeuvre. My vision of development of ZAKLON is self-sufficient and abstract from influence of the outside world…
HATE FOREST, DRUDKH, INQUISITION, MGLA, KRUK, DEATH are among my favorites, as well as many other bands…

11. Does Paganism or Occultism play any role in your music?
I am distant from all of this, in the common understanding of these terms. These expressions have become quite vague nowadays; they don’t hold the initial meaning and embodiment. However paganism is definitely in my blood, it runs through my oeuvre and my whole existence like an invisible thread. Yes, of course, I am a pagan. But I have my own “gods”, if I may say so, and my rituals… It is these sacraments that ZAKLON lyrics shed light on for those capable of comprehending it and feeling it.

12. Outside of music what are some of your interests?
Sports, reading, and art in any of its kinds. Walks and continuous wanderings through the woods and swamps of my Region hold a special place among my hobbies.

13. Any final words or thoughts before we wrap up this interview?
It will all end soon…

Bandcamp

No comments:

Post a Comment