Wednesday, July 17, 2013

Nekrospell Interview


1. Can you tell us a little bit about the band for those that have never heard of you before/
-Nekrospell is a one-man band project created in 2009 by myself (Abgrund). 3 years later I recorded the first primitive demo and now I'm releasing the second demo. And I still keep working in the upcoming material.
2. How would you describe your musical sound?
-My sound is an atmospheric mix of mysticism and darkness where the voice of the Death calls from the graves to summon the evil majesty through Black Metal.
3. What are some of the lyrical topics and subjects the band explores with the music?
-The lyrics are from the darkness, death, mysticism, ancestral rites to evil, witchcraft and the occult in nature, where darkness is not the darkest thing.
4. What is the meaning and inspiration behind the bands name?
-The name Nekrospell makes reference to necromancy.
5. Currently there is only 1 member in the band, do you feel this allows to be more creative than you can be with a full band?
-Yes, all music and lyrics come from myself, if there were more people involved with the band it would corrupt because of their own opinions.
6. Currently you are unsigned, are you looking for a label or received any interest?
-Yes, I'm looking for a label but not is something who needing immediately. Some labels were interested, but in the end it came to nothing.
7. On a worldwide level how has the feedback been to your music by fans of black metal?
-Unexpectedly, the project has being very well accepted, so I hope to remain so to expand dementia.
8. Are there any other musical projects besides this band or is this a full time project?
-I am the vocalist on Unholiness a band of black/thrash metal and other project but this is still is brewing.
9. What direction do you see your music heading into on future releases?
-Never backing down, looking for any label who is interested on edit my materials and don't stop making noise.
10. What are some bands or musical styles that have influenced your music and also what are you listening to nowadays?
-There isn't a band who influence especially in any aspect, my influence is darkness, death, ancient rites and nature, but the black metal is what truly inspires me.
11. How would you describe your views on Occultism?
-Each person has his view, each person chooses his path, his thinking and his way of seeing things, is very broad. But all this is in nature and universe, in our mind, our ancestral being... that everyday humans left side over, unfortunately.
12.Outside of music what are some of your interests?
-Alcohol, nature.. but the music is around me all the day, if I do something out of it, is still present in my everyday.
13.Any final words or thoughts before we wrap up this interview?
-Thank you very much for the interview and your time for this project in your zine. Finally stay to keep a eye on the next material of Nekrospell and support all the underground scene and if you want to contact to Nekrospell here is my email: nekrospell@hotmail.com
-Abgrund.

No comments:

Post a Comment