Monday, December 16, 2013

Prayer Of The Dying Interview


1. Can you give us an update on what is going on with the musical project these days?

Hails to you and all the readers first of all.I just released the new Prayer of the Dying album 'God's Failed Creation' and at the moment I am recording some new tracks for a split with Dying Messiah.I am also working 
on some new ideas for a new album maybe next year.But the main thing on my mind is to promote the new album and that means a lot of work, when you do everything by yourself.

2.How would you describe the musical sound of the new album and how does it differ from previous releases?

I would describe this album as being more mature maybe.But the old Prayer ideas are still there basically.This time I haven't produced the album,Daniel Bezzina did and I would like to say that i am really satisfied with 
the final result.I have never wanted anybody to touch my production but finally I have found someone who understands what I want.The diffirence from the previous albums is that the new album is not as raw as the 
others. But I still tried to keep the same atmosphere the other ones have.

3.Can you tell us a little bit more about the song lyrics of the new album?

The lyrics are very simple.They speak about the shitty world that god,whichever you believe in, liked to offer us.These things effect everyone of us, in our miserable lives.

4.What is the meaning and inspiration behind the name 'Prayer Of the Dying'?

As soon as we take our first breath,we start dying, so we are all in the process of dying.Sooner or later each one of us will implore his god to have mercy and to not let him suffer in this punishing life or die.So one way 
or another,the prayer is in everyone of us,because we will all die.

5.With this musical project, you work solo, do you feel you are allowed to be a little bit more creative with this project, then you are with your other bands?

Yes,definitely. Prayer of the Dying is meant to be just me.I have all the freedom I want.At times you are more creative,at other you get stuck, because these are just one person's ideas.But a lot of guests are featured 
in this album, so i am not alone on this one.With my other bands, it's more relaxed and fun to just be the drummer .

6.The new album was self released, are you open to working with another label again in the future?

Well, yes of course.I am open to working with another label in the future. If any label is interested in my work, feel free to contact me...

7.On a worldwide level how has the feedback been to your newer music by fans of black, death and doom metal?

Well, I must say that the feedback was great. People who liked the rawness in my previous albums, were not disappointed even if my newer music is not so raw now.

8.What is going on with your other musical projects these days?

My other band Luciferian Blood has just released a 3-track demo and I must say that is doing really great. I am also recording the drums for the new Black Vulture album.

9.What direction do you see your music heading into on future releases?
I don't really know. When I write music it's relevant to that moment or period.It's spontanous and real. I can't plan ahead. So, I have no idea...I let the music carry me.

10.What are some bands or musical styles that have influenced your newer music and also what are you listening to nowadays?

I have always been influenced by the early 90's Death,Black,Doom.I still listen to these musical styles and that's what still influences my newer music.
What am I listening to nowdays? Mmm, let me think...Catacumba, Ouija, TheTrue Endless, Thy Legion, Majestic Downfall, Grotesque Communion, Anachronaeon and the new Roger Taylor Album...

11.Does Satanism or Occultism play any role in your music?

Well no.Like i said, this is all about my relationship with life and god.

12.Outside of music what are some of your interests?

Good question.I really don't know.I collect Lps but that has to do with music too, right?.Well, I can say that I am a bit of a gamer and also like to watch some horror films.

13.Any final words or thoughts before we wrap up this interview?

I would like to thank you, and the people out there reading this...Keep supporting the underderground!.....Cheers


Facebook
Homepage
Myspace
ReverbNation

No comments:

Post a Comment