Wednesday, January 8, 2014

Dragon Smile Interview


1. Can you give us an introduction to the band for those that will be hearing of you for the first time?
I’m Serit, the only member of Dragon Smile. Right now, Dragon Smile has only released an EP (on Katabaz Records http://katabazrecords.bandcamp.com) but a Full Length is currently in process. The EP is available on bandcamp :http://dragonsmile.bandcamp.com

2.In your own words how would you describe the musical sound that is present on your ep?
Well, it is a mix of Epic Black Metal, Dungeon Synth and Medieval/Movie Soundtrack, with some Soundscape/Field Recordings. But all very spontaneous, without any pretention : just doing what I want to hear.

3.When i listened to the ep there seemed to be a good mixture of dungeon synth and black metal, out of these 2 style which one do you prefer?
I agree with you. I don’t really prefer one style rather than one other : when I like a music, I don’t care about the style as long as there is emotion in it.

4.What are some of the lyrical topics and subjects the band explores with the music?
I sing in ”Dragon Speech” : I create the language and use my own words to name the songs.

5.What is the meaning and inspiration behind the name 'Dragon Smile'?
This music is inspired by Dragons : their look, their stories and thoughts, their “voices”.

6.I have noticed there was no metal archives page for this band and there was not much present on the fb page, do you prefer to keep this musical project mysterious?
Yes and no, it is not really a choice and I would be happy if more people talk about it : but I’ll communicate more about this project when I’ll release a Full Length. But I thank you to already focus on my EP.

7.On a worldwide level how has the feedback been to your music by fans of black metal and dungeon synth?
I got some upload on Youtube but nothing big right now. I expect to have more feedback with a LP.

8.When can we expect a full length and also what direction do you see your music heading into on future releases?
I’m working on it. I guess during the first quarter of 2014, I hope so. It’ll be more metal but still with a very personal touch : it’ll mix more different influences.

9.What are some bands or musical styles that have had an influence on your music and also what are you listening to nowadays?
Summoning, Howard Shore, Mortiis… but I do it with what I have so my sound could be cheap and raw but this is how I like it : very spontaneous, only feeling matters.

10.Does paganism play any role in the music?
No, only medieval imagery and Dragons.

11.Do you have any non musical interests?
I guess like everybody : books, movies, etc.

12.Before we wrap up this interview, do you have any final words or thoughts?
Thank you for this interview and follow me on Facebook to get updates about the first LP : www.facebook.com/smileofthedragon

No comments:

Post a Comment