Friday, January 17, 2014

Vinter Interview


1.Can you give us an update on what has been going on with the band since the recording of the new album?
   Well, for this new album the band had new plans about the lineup, but we wanted to end soon  the new vinter´s album, so these plans could not be carried on, but wait more news soon about these plans

2.You have a new album coming out this month, can you tell us a little bit more about the musical direction it has taken and also how does it differ from the demo you released in 2011?
   This new album has taken a new direction unlike the demo "My path to depression" as it is a more elaborate album, and a new style, in terms of the composition, and has a sound less raw than the demo

3.Can you tell us a little bit more about the themes and concepts you bring out with your music?
   In my music I always try to express my ideas, how I feel, and things like that, and it's good that people like my work, since I make music because I like, and I like to express me, and if the people liked what I do. That is good

4.I know that the band name means winter in Swedish, what was the decision behind using this is a band name?
   I named the band "Vinter" because I started this project in the winter season, it was a winter full of cold and depressive feelings, and thought it was a good name because it was related to how I felt inside and also what I wanted to express

5.Has the band been able to do any live shows or is this a studio project?
   I've always liked the idea of ​​doing live shows, but, since the band has members from different countries, it is difficult to make the live shows, I even thought about doing live shows alone (J. Abraham) but I'm not a very good singer, haha, but I think in a few years I will, (as I prepare well and think how to make the live shows)

6.What are some of the other plans the band has for 2014 other than releasing a new album?
   As I told in a previous question, in this year there will be plans for a new lineup of the band, and for now, I think those are the new plans for the 2014, haha, and, if we had any other plan for the band, we will announce it in our facebook page

7.On a worldwide level how has the feedback been to your music by fans of depressive black metal?
   Well, the project is not very famous, and I'm not complaining,and the few people who know us, have been very good, there is much support from the people, and that's good

8.According to the Metal Archives page the band members are also involve with other musical projects, can you tell us a little bit more about them?
   I do not know much about the projects of my bandmates , except for the band "Meaning of Life", a project in which I worked on the last album with "Danny" and "Marco Ceccarelli". 
"Danny" also participates in the project "Failure" with "Fabian" the band released two demos (Demo I, Through memories) and an EP (Perfect Isolation) and is a highly recommended band.
Another project of "Danny" is "Night" a Post-black metal band, that project released one demo (Souls in the air) and an EP (Lake of Tears) in this band Danny was the only member, this is band also highly recommended

9.On future releases, what direction  do you see the music heading or progressing into?
   I would not know what to say about the future of the band, because, over time, changes your way to compose songs, and the way you see the music, and thus you're going to create different things, things that you even imagine you'll do

10.What are some bands or musical styles that have had an influence on your music and also what are you listening to nowadays?
   When I heard for the first time the black metal, never thought I was going to form a band of one of its subgenres, and one of the bands that most influenced me is "Hypothermia" because it was the first band I heard from DBM, other bands that influenced me were "Inverna" and "Gris", are very good bands, the best for me, they are bands that have great songs and understand  the true meaning of DBM 
Now I have strayed a little bit of the pure DBM,Now I hear more bands of post-black metal (like the old "Alcest" "Dernier Martyr"), Post-rock (like "GIAA" "Caspian"), Atmospheric black metal ("Lustre" "Woods of desolation") and similar genres

11.Do you have any non musical interests?
ahh, no, I think I don't have any interest other than musical, haha
I really like the music

12.Before we wrap up this interview do you have any final words or thoughts? 
ahh, yeah, hope you like the new album, and thanks for your support
Greetings 

Sorry for delay ! 

J. Abraham.

No comments:

Post a Comment